Friday 23 February 2018

Our body is a detailed masterpiece!

As part of out topic 'Inside Out' (Our body) and our devotions study 'God knows everything' we have been looking this week at parts of our body. Some people draw stick figures when they draw people but many parts are missing when we do this. 

On Tuesday we looked at the OUTSIDE of our body. We drew around each other and labelled the body parts we knew.





On Thursday we looked at the part of our body that separates the outside world and the inside of our bodies - OUR SKIN. Wow, God has made us so detailed and he can see every detail of it.

On Friday we looked at something INSIDE our bodies. Our HEART. Suzy Cato from Suzy's World describes our heart as a two storied house made up or four rooms or two flats. Atriums at the top, ventricles down the bottom. 
We made a simple model of how our heart valves work. Our breath is like the blood. Our valves make sure the right blood goes to the right places by letting through or keeping out the oxygen-rich or oxygen poor blood. Watch the video below for more information!
Our memory verse this week is:
Lord, you have seen what is in my heart. You know all about me.
You know when I sit down and when I get up.
You know what I’m thinking even though you are far away.
 You know when I go out to work and when I come back home.
You know exactly how I live.
Lord, even before I speak a word, you know all about it.
Psalm 139:1-4 
Does the psalmist mean that God can see the valves in our heart? 
Well, He can but that is not what the psalmist is talking about.
The heart this psalm is talking about is our attitude, motivations and emotions. 
God can see both hearts. He knows EVERYTHING about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment