Sunday 3 May 2020

Welcome to Week 4 of Distance Learning

A bit of a different video to introduce the week this week. Here's one from our Cornerstone Staff We miss you guys! 😊

Thank you for sending in all of your Zookeeper Maths Challenges on Class Dojo Portfolio last week! I loved seeing your Mathematical thinking, not just your answers. You guys have awesome brains! Mrs Forrest xx

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC FOCUS
I think if I wasn't a teacher, I would have been an engineer. Do you love solving problems and figuring out how to best achieve something? Why not try these challenges below! 

Something I'd like to mention first is shapes. Is their a shape that is the strongest? Is a circle stronger than a rectangle, square, hexagon or triangle? How could you test this? Is there a shape that floats best? Could you make a goat float in a boat?

James Dyson Foundation Engineering Challenge: Spagetti Bridges

James Dyson Foundation Engineering Challenge: Cardboard Boat

No comments:

Post a Comment