Friday 17 April 2020

Charlie's Week 1, Autumn Learning

1. Charlie went on an autumn leaf hunt and then he discussed autumn. 
I think he looks like a real explorer!

2. He sorted the leaves into different colours. I love to see autumn leaves sorted in their tones. Stunning! And stunning job Charlie! Here's some statistics - I think I can see some common attributes within the colours. I wonder how the leaves could be sorted futher or in a different way. If you made a graph with the leaves, I wonder how many leaves there would be in each colour and what would be the most and least common colours.
3. He created his own maths problem using groups of 10 leaves and toys he could make = and + signs out of.  The numbers written above in the picture say: 10+10+10+10+10=50 Love your creativity and your mathematical mind Charlie. Here is another way to write the same Maths story: 5 groups of 10 is 50 or 5x10=50. What would 8 groups of 10 be everyone? I think Charlie would know the answer if anyone wants to check theirs.

4. After watching a few of the story clips, Charlie wrote a story about being a leaf.  The top part is his own work with a bit of editing help from Dad. The lower part is his tidier rewrite. How clever of Charlie to rewrite his story. I enjoyed reading it this way because my brain found it easier. It is like running through a field of long grass that's smooth without any logs or dips to trips you - way more fun. ๐Ÿ˜€ My favourite thing is that you wrote your story from a leaf's perspective. My reader's ears love the sound of "pinky pale" and my brain loves the clear picture the words form.
5. Handwriting I highlighted what I think is your best captial H and best lower case h Charlie. I especially like the control of your strokes on the lower case h. The tall stick is straight and tall, while the tunnel is smooth and just the right height touching the middle of the line. Both of your H's are sitting on the line. Excellent! ๐Ÿ‘
Mrs Forrest

2 comments:

  1. Great job Charlie I like the leaves. From Mikaylah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bro, look at that wonderful work!๐Ÿ˜Ž James

    ReplyDelete